Forum for Integrated National Security (FINS) was founded in 2003. From the day of inception FINS has been working on issues of Integrated National Security.
As a think tank, we initiate, discuss and propagate national security challenges with eminent personalities to transform those challenges into opportunities for the nation. FINS is open to ideas and different viewpoints. With this open and democratic approach, we have become a large family of thinkers and scholars discussing national security.
At FINS, we strongly believe that ‘compartmentalized approach’ in matters of national security needs to be replaced with ‘Integrated National Security (INS) approach’. This approach will be more effective in dealing with future challenges. Furthermore, Integrated National security approach will strengthen our ability to achieve desired national objectives.
Influence the Influential: As a Think Tank, FINS aims to influence Policy Makers, Politicians, Leadership (Civilian and Military), Diplomatic community, International Leaders, Future Leadership, Other Think Tanks and Civil Society Organizations, Academia, Scientist, Scientific Organisation, Critical Thinkers, Writers, Industries and Media.
Build a Strong, Secure and Prosperous Nation.
Analyse and derive policies and solutions on National Security with Three Pronged Strategy of
Initiate – Interact – Influence.
Involving Policy Makers, Political & Military Leadership, Diplomats, Civil Society, Academics, Industries, Think Tank and Media for Integrated National Security.
- Develop Comprehensive Defence Approach for the Nation
- Make India a Strategic Society
- Promote National Security as every Citizen’s Concern and responsibility
- Analyze Future Security Threats, National Challenges and advocate preventive measures.
- Study Fault lines in reference to National security
- Promote ‘Objective’ Centric Integrated National Security Approach instead of reactive approach.
- Promote cause of ‘Self Reliance in Defence Manufacturing’
- Undertake Strategic Studies & Research
- Defense Strategy
- External Relations
- International Treaties & Laws
- India’s Nuclear Doctrine
- India China Relations
- Psychological Warfare
- Maritime Security
- Terrorism & Terrorist Organization
- Cyber & Space Security
- Jammu & Kashmir
With ultimately aim of Strong, Secure and Prosperous Nation, FINS is poised to
- Promoting Strategic Culture
- Developing ‘National Interests First’ culture in the country.
- Nurturing young, professional strategic leadership.
- Influence Policy Making by providing unbiased, effective and implementable inputs.
An efficient interface between government and members of society will significantly improve security in this information age. FINS aims to be that interface.